Thursday, June 27, 2002


Cal's Jamal Sampson got picked up in the NBA draft's 2nd round yesterday at no. 47. This just reeks of one of those cautionary tales of someone jumping to the NBA too soon. I've got bad visions of this guy getting frustrated and tanking out. A damn shame cuz if he'd waited another year or two he could've been a first rounder, maybe even a lottery pick. I know the money's a draw, but patience, patience, it's not just a cheesy Guns N Roses ballad.

The Clippers picked up a few good players yesterday. Chris Wilcox outta Maryland and Melvin Ely outta Fresno State. Supposedy Wilcox was a steal at the 8th pick and I know Ely's good after watching him beat up on the Hawaii Rainbows the last couple years. So good draft it seems like, two big talented power forwards. OK I guess I can shut up about the Clips for a while.

If you haven't checked out Mr. T vs. Eminem yet, do yourself a favor. I just don't get tired of this thing. I've decided I'm gonna try to use the phrase "jibba jabba" in my everyday conversation as much as possible.

"Hey Alfred, are you gonna be in there for much longer, I gotta go"
"Enough of this jibba-jabba, I'm trying to read the sports page, sucka!"

Cool tidbit of information: Did you know that Aunt May has discovered her fragile nephew's secret identity of spider-man? I was blown away by this. For forty years the poor guy's been lying to his aunt cuz he was afraid she'd give her a heart attack, but she came in his apartment when he was resting up after getting his ass beat for like two days straight, and caught him with his spidey pants on. Check it out at marvel on-line (link to the left) - cool site cuz you can read comics on line for free. And free is always good.

Also since I'm pimping out my links on the left hand side of the page. Click on Tony Pierce. Very, very entertaining site, you will thrill you will chill you will spill your dill.

Well hidey-ho gotta go. Feel free to e-mail me at whaleritis@hotmail.com with any jibba-jabba that you're too shy to put in as a shout-out.