Tuesday, June 25, 2002


Hey all - first off I want to give a shout out to all of my friends that were kind enough to stop by and check out my little site. I think it was a bad idea to put the site meter at the bottom of the page so soon, because I was getting a little obsessive about checking it to see if anyone was logging in. It took me a minute to figure out the reason the number was going up by one every time I checked was that I was the only one looking at it. Ah well. I checked this morning, and sure enough, some of my wonderful friends (and hopefully a few strangers) had clicked there way over here and perused my babblings.

Anyway, I was going to do a whole thing about the Clippers, as tomorrow's draft day in the NBA, and many who know me know that I live and die for the Clippers. I don't know why, but they are definitely my team. Don't get me wrong, I love the Lakers too, the whole bling bling thing, Shaq, Kobe, Phil, even Fish-dog, it's all good. But there's something so damn under-dog about my home town Clips that just draws me to them, like a vulture to roadkill. I'd always liked them, but I really got into them back in 94-95 I think, when they sucked even harder than they do now, and there was a string of newspaper headlines, exlaiming things like "Clippers can't get any worse" and "Clippers bring new meaning to futility" which in my demented mind cemented myself as a fan. I thing it was the idea that they sucked so hard, that if I held on long enough, and they eventually won the championship, I mean, that would be the shit, right?

Well, I'm having a busy day at work, so my whole Clipper entry will have to come later, maybe this afternoon (it's still morning in Hawaii - I gotta change this time entry thing to Hawaii time).

What I really wanted to mention, was that the new Eminem song was playing earlier, the one where he just rips his mother apart. I was thinking, gosh, Eminem has so much interesting stuff to write about, he has such a fucked up life, it's an endless supply of material. Me, I'm a simple, happy, boy. I am very lucky really, insanely lucky. I have a very full life with people that love and care for me. You won't find any stories in here about how I hate my great uncle Joe cuz he used to put his cigarette butts out on my elbow or something. (Aunt Mabel did that, but, well, I never really minded.) The point is, is that to get a little drama, I have to create it. Maybe I should buy a hamster and then like lose it, so I'll have a heart-wrenching story to tell everyone. I guess my point is that I'm glad I'm not like Eminim, even though he has millions and is famous and can rap really good. Cuz damn he seems bummed out.

Maybe my moon is in jupiter or something today cuz I'm in a weird contemplative mood. Ah well, I have work to do. Gotta pay the bills.

PS - Clippers, don't fuck up the draft tomorrow you donkey piles.

PPS - Anyone reading this entry and there's no links in the text, come back later, I plan on putting in mad trippy links on this puppy. The ball will hit the ceiling at approximately 8 billion miles an hour. Trust me on this one. Seriously. for real kine.