Wednesday, June 26, 2002


Well I've got a few spare minutes and thought I'd tell you all about how it went on the trek out to Circuit City last night to score a boom box for the office. Cuz It's gettin hot in here, and I'm not gonna take off all my clothes, no matter what Nelly says. So anyway, we got to Circuit City and lo and behold there's a $24.99 special on boomboxes. But of course this is like the most piece of shit boombox in the history of audio. I mean, I don't know if I'd bump fukn CNN on this mofo. If the newscasters voice went to low it might blow out the bass drum. So anyway, I made my way up the line, prices increasing, boomboxes getting better. The problem is, that by the time you get to a boombox that sounds halfway decent, you're up about fifty bucks. Well shit, if I'm gonna spend $50 for about $25 bucks more I can get the mini-system downstairs that's on sale. So then I'm checking out the mini systems, and I found a pretty nice Magnavox mini system with dual tape deck and CD and radio for something like $79. Long story short I got dizzy and said screw it. So then we check out the camcorders. Jesus H. Christ camcorders are a fukn nightmare. You got your VHS camcorder, your HI-8 camcorder, and don't even get me started on the fukn digital camcorders. We're thinking about buying one for our trip out to Maui next week for 4th of July weekend. Basically these things run from $250 up to $1,650 and this guys talking to me about digital sticks whatever the fuk that is. I was about to pull the trigger on a pretty snazzy digital one for around $450, but I envisioned myself telling the "technical" guy at work (do all offices have one?) about my purchase the next day and him just laughing in my face. "You bought that one? Holy shit man, for $10 more my cousin Eddie could have got you one ten times better, WITH the digital stick and everything" So it was a further research necessary type deal.

So anyway, long story short, I didn't buy shit at Circuit City, I was just too dizzy after all that and felt my capacity to make a rational decision involving anything over $20 had been seriously jeopardized. So we went to the furniture store across the street and picked up a pretty cool desk lamp. I was getting hungry around this time so we cruised it to a little Korean BBQ type joint and I realized crap I only have 2 bucks cash. So we wander around looking for an ATM. No ATM in the strip mall. Damn. So we walk in Tower Records, and my wife, cool gal that she is, says "Why don't you charge the new Eminem CD on your debit card and get cash back?" Shoots did I marry the right girl or what? So that's what I did. And I know it was a long story but that's how I ended up here this morning with the new Eminem CD (which from the parts I heard last night is very very good) in my briefcase but I'm listening to No Doubt on Extreme Radio. Which is better than Nelly's hot in here song, but not the exact scenario I was pining away for. Ok I'm gonna shut up now and get some work done.

PS - I heard that Worldcom declared Bankruptcy today. Good. Screw em. I still haven't forgiven those shitbags for screwing me out of like $200 bucks that they said I racked up on a phone card like 7 years ago, which was totally BS. Well you piles you got my $200 bucks but you're screwed now. Maybe Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny will bail you out but I don't think so beyatch. At least I'm not bitter or anything.