Monday, July 08, 2002


Yo. First off, Maui was awesome. I'm basically a glass is half full kind of guy, so I'm gonna put that out there before I tell my sad little story.

I lost my wallet yesterday. First time in 12 years, so I guess I was about due. Somehow that doesn't make me feel better. The thing that drives me crazy is the idiotic fashion in which I did it. If you think you're stupid, you're about to feel better. I left my wallet in the seatback in front of me on the airplane ride back from Maui. Didn't realize I didn't have it until I got to baggage claim. Wham bam thank you ma'am, no more wallet.

So I freak out and tell the baggage guy where I left it. They look for it, no sign of it, sorry sir. I'm flipping out, I KNOW I left it there, it HAS to be there. Sorry sir, nothing, but you can fill out this lost whatever form. Aargghh.

So long story short, many phone calls later, my wallet has disappeared. Aloha Airlines informed me that they basically tore apart that area of the plane looking for it. Nada. Which tells me that some A-Hole snagged it. People are such sick bastards that I guess they actually feel in the seatbacks on their way out of the plane for stuff to steal.

Oh well. So today Mrs. P and I have to go to get new drivers licenses. That's right, I had her ID in my wallet too. Had to cancel the credit cards last night. Luckily I only had like $35 in there but damn I'm a little bummed. The cool thing is, my Mom got me a new wallet for Xmas and I'm breaking it in starting today. It's really light, which is nice, being as there's only an ATM card in it.

OK I'm gonna stop complaining right now. I just got a call from a business associate of mine in Guam, and this guy had to go through an insane typhoon for the last four days. The eye of the storm went right over his house. His whole house has water in it. Winds blew so hard that it he found someone's washing machine on his front lawn the next day.

I am blessed. Maui was awesome, like I said. I'll fill you in on the details later but let me say, Maui is not overrated, it's a pretty amazing place. For now, I'm gonna bump Nas's Stillmatic, and get some work done.

peace.