Monday, October 07, 2002


Did I mention that Cal beat Washington this weekend?

It might have slipped my mind. Or yours. And ya know, it might not happen for another fukn TWENTY-SIX YEARS, so I thought I'd, um, bring it up. And I might, just might, bring it up about twenty thousand more times this week. So I'm sorry to say you will have to deal with it. Or not. It is a fact that cannot be altered, check the scoreboard.

There was other good fun this weekend. For example, Mrs. P and I saw Red Dragon on Saturday afternoon, seeing as living out here on this island I was denied the opportunity to watch the game on television. Before the movie, we went out for a super good brunch at a little pancake joint called the Koa House in Kaneohe. Mrs. P had strawberry Crepes Suzette, I had a Portuguese sausage, green onion, and cheddar cheese omelette and home fries. Maybe I'm getting old but one of life's simple pleasures is sipping on some hot coffee after a good meal. It always reminds me of how my parents and grandparents used to do it. Plus it makes the booze taste subside a little bit in case you get pulled over on the way home. Not that I was tanking drinks at breakfast mind you, not that I'm adverse to the idea.

Red Dragon was pretty damn good I thought. A nice little spine-tingling freak-out. Spooky and disturbing. I caught myself reflecting on what a part of our pop culture the whole Hannibal Lecter dillio is now. The inevitable scene where Edward Norton has to walk down that hall to face Anthony Hopkins. It's such an established lexicon, is that the right word? Whatever. Good flick, check it out. Ok that's all I'm gonna say - don't want to ruin it for you.

Yesterday morning I dragged myself out of bed around 9 AM to watch the second half of the Raider game. Good, good stuff. The Raiders, as Tony Pierce already mentioned today, look like they need to shore the D up a bit, but other than that, they're looking solid and shouldn't have a tough time against the neutered Rams next weekend. 0-5 teams are fukn dangerous as hell, though, so Raiders, get your practice on this week por favor. Practice makes perfect. Hot water burn baby. All's well that ends well. Too many chefs spoil the soup. Ad nauseam etcetera plethora plexiglass plebeian and all that um stuff.

Also got to check out the Scorpion King last night at the Kailua Windward outdoor festival dillio. Booths of island food, island fun, and island funk. Babies crying, teenagers talking story, old timers chattering about auntie rosie and uncle kimo. Sun, fun, and aquabuns. The Rock even got on stage to introduce the movie with Jeremy "I'm a big fukn goofball" Harris. The Rock said something like, "ok you candyasses" or some shit like that. I was hoping he'd say "Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?" but he didn't. The Rock is here doing some movie called "Helldorado." He just loves to say how he's from Hawaii, even though I think he only lived here for like 3 or 4 years. Oh well, I don't hate the game, so I shouldn't hate the player. Rock on Rock. Scorpion King was pretty good, popcorn flick, cheeseball lines, good fun, if you haven't seen it yet, I'd pop $2 for the rental. Reach in the pocket big spender, it'll be two hours of your life that you don't have to think about how all your stocks are worth about as much as a fukn ant farm now.

Doesn't that cheer you up?

Well my rambling is done and the kettle is whistling so I bid you adieu for now.

Peace.