Thursday, October 31, 2002


So I was little miss battery bitch today. The technicians had to install 36 new batteries in the skunk declawing machine which sits in the middle of a taro patch in Mililani, and I was dispatched as their "helper." In other words I lugged fukn batteries (80 lbs. a piece, thanks) while they unscrewed and installed high volage kine crap.

In this mindstate, I was like, damn, this sucks ass. But then we scored lunch at Chili's on the company card, and I remembered that, shit dog, I SOLD this job and am scoring commission, and free lunch, and two phat 23 ounce draft heinekins, and views of diamond head from the booth in Kapolei, the second city, and I was like, ya know, this ain't so fukn bad.

To follow up on my jam master jay eulogy. I thought about it today, and I guess there are two other people that died since Kurt Cobain that hit me on the same level as Jay. They are Eazy-E and Chris Farley. I think part of the shock of people dying isn't just who they were but how they died. Eazy announced he had AIDS and before the world had a chance to digest that info, he was dead like 3 days later. As for Chris Farley, the parallels with his death and that of John Belushi, as well as the obvious comparisons of their careers, was just a little freaky. Plus I thought Farley was fukcin comedic genius. And I thought Eazy-E was rap genius. Even if Ice Cube did write his best rhymes.

And Jam Master Jay was old school DJ genius. He was an originator, a builder. It's so much easier to destroy something than build something. Jay stayed in his old neighborhood, in Queens, trying to build, trying to bring up the neighborhood, trying to give the local people opportunities. And somebody decided, ya know whut? Fuk that guy. And they got a gun and they killed him. Blam. Done. Over.

Yeah so Jay and Run-DMC hadn't exactly been extremely relevant for a long ass time. So what, they were still in it to win it. In fact, they were supposed to play at halftime of the Wizards game tonight. Even though DMC's voice was blown out and they were a shell of their peak, shit dawg, that's a pretty damn high peak to be a shell of. A lot of people's peak never reaches half the height of that shell.

So that's it on that.

Amazing what alcohol can do to philosophize your mind. You can look at a mountain sober and think, hmmm, that's a nice mountain. Have a couple beers, and you're like, that mountain, goddamm, it symbolizes man's struggles from the primodial soup, rising out of the molten lava, to reach for the sky, to touch the clouds, to tease the eagles as they hunt for prey. To….

Ok stop right there. Hold it beer goggled Kierkegaard.

Ah yes, what I was going to mention and forgot. The CLIPPERS had their first game last night, and like true clippers, they lost it. Their opponent was their former teammate Darius Miles and his new team, the Cleveland Cavaliers. It's gotta suck to lose to the team you made the big trade with, ya know, you're kind of hoping you came out on top. I haven't seen highlights, I haven't seen boxscores. Miles could have sat out for all I know. Whatever. Clippers, 0-1. Hopefully they'll have better luck next time. With the Lakers 0-2, LA is kind of sucking ass right now aren't they? But the season is young.

Ok I'm slipping and sliding all over the place so it's time to throw up the white flag and surrender on this blog entry. Everybody have a good time with whatever hijinx you're getting into for Halloween, and remember be safe y'all. PEACE.