Wednesday, December 11, 2002


I have to admit, that sometimes I get moments of weakness, or maybe you’d call it times of malcontent, or possibly even you would more accurately call it “taking for granted” the incredible writing of Tony Pierce. This is not to say that at those times I dislike it or think it sucks, (although sometimes, especially when he’s cranky, I wonder where he’s coming from – but oddly enough, those often generate some of his best posts – his fuck you to the wall street journal review of the kurt cobain book comes to mind) it’s just that every once in a while I wonder if he’s really as great as I’ve made him out to be in my head. And then he posts something like this, which makes me realize that not only is his writing all that AND a bag of chips, but that this guy is truly an inspiration and I thank Yahweh that I bumped into his bloggy blog lo those many months ago. Thanks again Tony, and keep up the incredible work.

By the way, if you haven’t purchased his book yet, put down that crack pipe and get your credit card out and get with the program punk asses, cuz it looks like he found a publisher, and you don’t want to be left out in the cold while all the truly in the know and ultra-chic peeps are reading THE tome of the holiday season and new year.

By the way (part deux) is it me or has it been too long since hose monster had a good conversation with his toilet? Maybe after his finals he’ll bless us again. And maybe he’ll give us another installment in his Nohr story. That would be damn cool.

I don’t think I’ve mentioned it yet, but Mrs. P and I are headed for the mainland again next week, hitting LA for a few days, and then we’ll be in Mexico for almost 3 weeks, so blogging will be very very light if not nonexistent over that period, so if you want to like, buy me a car or just kiss my ass or tell me how great I am, the next seven days would be a good time. If none of those activities interest you, please continue lurking in the corner and munching away at the scraps of questionable phrases I discard to the side during my frenzied lack of editing sessions.

Mahalo.