Thursday, February 27, 2003


Wow. Mr. Rogers died. I actually received the news from he of the ever-informing important shiznit Tony Pierce. Before you read this or after becuz you must read what Tony says about Mr. Rogers becuz it’s important to let the philosophers of our generation first crack at serious generational hook-ups like that, ya know, passin shit down, and homey is 109 years old, so he knows whuts up, his first 3 grandkids used to watch that shit back in the day. I think we talk about different, ya know, angles of this phenomenon in television and probably it wouldn’t really matter. Before or after go read it. But you’d get the real feel of what I felt when I wrote this and then you might understand the moment that led to this, um, paragraph. And the next couple. Anyway, moving on…

Mr. Rogers was a super cool dude but a little freaky. Not like you thought he was a child molester or anything, just that he was so calm and chilling and his very particular ways, like his routine at coming and going in his house, taking his shoes off, putting his slippers on, etecetera. Nuthin wrong with that, nuthin’, just a little odd that a bachelor coming home and ya know, making sure nice nice everything in place. But maybe that’s more a reflection on my own lack of cleanliness and organization, and maybe… wait, damnnit Mr. Rogers, you went and taught me another lesson from beyond the grave, you crazy old feller. Thanks Mr. R!

He had that pretty cool little train that went off to this miniature world with this like despotic king and this girl and the train always went through this tunnel & you were like, “whooooaaaa, this is an effed up train dawg…”

When I think of Mr. Rogers, I can’t help of thinking immediately of David Robinson of the San Antonio Spurs. It took me a minute to figure out why. Remember on the old school Saturday Night Live, there was an episode where Eddie Murphy did a classic send-up of Mr. Rogers, and the character was called Mr. Robinson. So it was Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood. And he took you through this ghetto-ass effed up area, and his guests were like gangsters and pimps, and he was all “this is a crack rock, children, you sell this to anybody and everybodys”. Ok he didn’t say that I made that up, but he said stuff like that. and this is related to David Robinson because years and years later, the Spur did a series of advertisements for one or anotha shoe company, and once again the name "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood," off of the old SNL skit. Like if you tried to drive to the bucket or dunk in Mr. Robinson's neighborhood, you ain't muthaeffin welcome in that hood g-ridah, cuz they ain't down with it. that was the punchline of all this information, not that in it was supposed to be funny, but that it was the resolution to the reasoning of my inner thoughts and chronological brain clock.

I’m experimenting with not cussing right now. I read one of my entries out aloud to myself and the profanity sounded a little harsh. A little over the edge and I started wondering if there are a lot of people out there that might read this blog and be like, ya know? This guy has some interesting stuff to say, and then see an eff and be like ya know what, this guy is going a little overboard, I think I have to take Aunt Martha to the good section of town, where such evil starf is not allowed or condoned or even tolerated. But I also think of the old geezer watching his tv & like “maybe I’ll read a blog” and coming here and thinking ya know what? Fuck this guy. Fuckety fuck fuck off this muthafuckin dick slapping goatless bastard 2x4 sodomizer!!!! How dare he mess up the patterns of super 357????”

And then the loony bin wagon would show up and crate that stupid old fukn deuschole that I bleed red whit & blue and it’s all about saying bitch ass fuck, I mean that’s what Luke Skyywalker said, ya know, Banned in the USA, and dude those guys were fukn poets, especially fresh-kid ice, the half black half Chinese bastardized step uncle of ODB.

Oh and Mr.Rogers R.I.P.