Monday, July 28, 2003


From the private journal of john p. Farnsworth III, duke of Kalihi and outlying junctures

All names have been changed to protect the unprotected


6/8/03

well I’m up at the ungodly hour of 6:30 am watching Major League. I had this sudden theory while I was getting some water from the fridge that this movie was the impetus that turned the real live Indians around. I mean they were in the world series in like, whut, 95?

So you MAY be asking why the hell I’m up this early… well it all started with 2 Fast 2 Furious, which by the way was an excellent movie, so anyway, suddenly (well not sooo suddenly, Id had tinglings earlier) I’ve got this semi-splitting headache – I’m like, WTF? So Dr. J is in town – his 98 year old dad just died a couple weeks ago - & we went to meet him & his younger son (who I’d never met – nice guy, tatted out, a little wacky) & my head is still pounding. I decide that maybe a drink is what I need. After a Jack & coke @ some sashimi (oh this is at Duke’s Barefoot bar – Waikiki) I’m feeling shiiitty – (Note to self – don’t drink when you’ve got a migraine) – so I order the ribs. Eat like half of it, feeling barfy – but holding on.

I tell Dr. J & Mrs. P – not feeling so good – so we’re walking back to car with Dr. J (his car is at his son’s hotel – Dr. J’s staying at his Dad’s tear-down on a million dollar lot in Hawaii Kai) when I can’t hold it anymore & yuke in a flower bed outside the DFS building (tower) – embaressing!

So Mrs. P gets me home @ 7:30 & I pass the fuk out after yuking some more – I feel bad for mi amor cuz I promised her a nite out dancing, but, oh the head was pouuunnding. So it was hasta la vista para la noche – sooo – I’m up at 6:30 on a Sunday.

Aloha – my hand hurts…

Oh & PS – yeah the lakers lost – it’s the spurs & nets tied 1-1 in the finals at this writing.