Thursday, November 06, 2003


Hello there. I’m about to go to bed but I thought I’d tell you that I worked more on this novel thing tonite and after I got to a part where it seemed like a good point to stop for the evening I did a little surfing and found via tony’s site this blog which is some person documenting the writing of their novel for this national novel writing month thing.

So it is actually a legit & real thing, they even have a website for it. I guess the idea is that you write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days, to be done by midnite November 30th. You can even like register and shit. I’m not gonna register, I’m not much of a joiner, but it is a pretty damn cool idea I think. Shit it’s managed to get me off my pile ass and write something beyond just spitting random ass horse manure at the friendly and dearly appreciated contingent, which, shit, is the bread and butter my peeps, cradle to the grave lbc jurk storr all that good stuff.

Oh yeah, so anyway, I did a word count and was surprised to find I’ve got 4,387 words so far. So I’m like, whut, one twelfth of the way there? So like, not really on track, but decent. The problem is that I think this thing is gonna go a good deal more than 50,000 words, cuz it hasn’t even really got started yet. I’ve got the characters down, um, kind of, but I have really no idea what the fuck they’re gonna do beyond the immediate or any central idea or even any clue as to what additional characters are going to come in and what the hell they‘re going to contribute, if anything. Maybe I’ll just have them drive around and talk yang to each other for 200 pages. Maybe they’ll fly out to, fuck, wherever, and meet some important dignitary. Nah, that ain’t gonna happen. No aliens either. I’ve at least decided that it’ll be semi real, as in the devil ain’t gonna suddenly bust outta some guy’s ass on the side of the interstate, unless it’s in the theoretical or hallucinogenic sense. Hmmmm.

Anyway, I’m gonna keep cranking it out, but I’m not gonna stress about the deadline, but I am gonna just keep um hammerin away at that keyboard and see whut the fuck happens. Oh yeah I already said that.