Monday, December 22, 2003


it's the holiday slowdown. The little stretch of vittleville wherein lie deadbeat mustangs and intense amounts of alcohol consumption. Cruising places and shenanigans ensuing. Memories of past holiday spirit within different environs and the passe amateurism of it all yet totally in opposition to French impressionalism.

And then he'll look up at the sky and ask allah "why in the name of ghandi can I not dispel that unabiding racket?" and he won't answer and I'll mull it over while driving in the car up to the seven sacred pools oahu chapter and about two seconds before I pull up on this sectioned off lane of highway slash dirt road this pickup truck full of friendly locals will pull up and ask yo wuddup why on our aina?

And I will respectfully decline to accede to their demands for response. For is it not my aina as well? since I am here, and theoretically that is the wherwithall for land ownership in that it cannot be owned? But you buy and sell my land and bequeath it to your ancestors, totally behind my back, without just enough to whet my beak. C'mon, compatriot in arms, let's let bygones be bygones and do the ol' psychic handshake. We can make this work for one and the other and all those kids down on the east side. For surely.

Whut if a car is just such a piece of shit that it cannot be redeemed? Then do you take it to your local mechanic and say "please dispose of this irredeemable bastard son of irredeemability?"

And the kindly shop owner will answer "no problemo."