Tuesday, August 23, 2005


I can’t believe people would say that I’m not vociferous. Yes, unnecessary and ill advised, that I can accept, but that I don’t pound out enuff crap farm fertilizer? Ludicrous, retarded even, and not just for the fact that no one except billy the boy in my throat even intimated it, but for various other reason d’aitres that you well know, so don’t try to bring that hogwash around here that it’s some kind of surprise and that the apple sauce sandwich just appeared on your doorstep. You know and I know & I know that you know that that’s a load of donkey excrement.

Yep, I saw public enemy on Friday. It was overly under attended, which is a damn shame, I blame the promotions department, or lack thereof, but the beautiful thing is that unlike your typical rap star(s), they blew that shit outta the water anyway, and they prolly woulda gone another 2 hours if they didn’t have a plane to catch. The sign of true professionals. You got a show to play, you play the fucking show. Whether there’s one, two, 800, 10 million people in the crowd. Chuck, Flav, even Professor Griff were up there getting trizzy. A mild dispute broke out over whether their new DJ (terminator X retired years ago), a very talented individual, is named Lloyd or Lord, but luckily there was no violence, at least in that regard.

Beyond the land of meaningless werds, however, verily, I was incredibly impressed. As far as rap shows go, one of the best, like, ever. Full on live band, guitar, bass, drum solos, funk, rock, the ghost of Jimi Hendrix, DJ Lloyd (my preferenced nom de plum) bustin a SICK solo mish and unveiling the "matrix scratch," a song called “fuck George Bush,” Flavor Flav antics, Chuck D and raised fists, many of the classics, “I got a letter from the government, the other day, I opened, and read it, it said they was suckas,” 911 being a joke, almost every song almost being an oft repeated anthem, good times, etcetera, why can’t more rap shows be like this, why God, why? Someone really needs to send E-40 the video on this and slap him upside his grill and get the edumucation rolling.