Friday, August 05, 2005









sometimes I wonder if I really have any deep thoughts of consequence anymore. Day after day, hour after hour, we creep in this petty pace, shining a flashlight through the ether, making our way along the path that was designated but always adjustable, taking time here and there to look at the leaves on the trees, the trash on the side of the road, the clouds in the sky, the clever license plate frames on the VW vans, all along thinking to ourselves, this is it, this is depth, the depth is in the details, the meaning is in the realization that we are just an infinitesimal part of an overlying universe that in all truth does not give the slightest fuck about us regardless of our overwhelming views of our own importance.

I scavenged the picture (left) and wrote the words (italicized, above) a million years ago, and don’t ask me how I bumped into them tonite, but I think they hold up. They really do hold up. And if you think they don’t, well, willie D’s got something for ya.

As far as what I’ve been up to tonite? A bunch of master thesis shit. Yep, I did it. Your welcome eastern whateverstan. Eh, fuck it. I would share it, but you’d just say it sucks. Or not. I’m shy like that. Kersnappetty.